Welcome to Dental Expressions
To Our Valued Dental Expressions Family:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our “NEW “normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our Commitment to Your Safety and Dental Health.
Our office follows infection control recommendations by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. The health and welfare of our patients, our team and our families are of utmost importance.
You will experience many changes in the way we do business when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our team and follow all proper guidelines for doing dentistry; when active Aerosol Transmissible Diseases are present. For Example:
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions, you will be asked these same questions again by Dr. Masek or the Hygienist treating you. This is a new requirement in order for us to provide dentistry for you.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you remain in your vehicle, we will text or call you when we are ready to seat you in your sanitized treatment room. Our front door will remain locked at all times.
- You must wear a face mask or facial covering to enter our office. Immediately upon arrival you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and your temperature will be taken. If you have a temperature above 100 degrees you will be asked to leave the office and you may call to reschedule when you no longer have a fever.
- You will be required to wear your facial covering at all times while in the office until treatment begins. If you need to use the restroom or get up for any reason you must reapply your facial covering.
- You will notice that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, books, children’s toys, a coffee bar or refrigerator with drinks since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect. All fabric furniture has also been removed.
- You will also notice that what we wear has changed. We will be wearing face shields in addition to our masks. Disposable gowns will be over our scrubs and hair protection will also be worn by the clinical staff. Gloves and masks will be utilized by all staff members including front desk personnel.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing which may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We must limit the number of people in the office at one time, therefore we ask that you do not bring anyone with you to your appointment.
- Once in your treatment room you will notice a black tube hanging from the ceiling. Dr. Masek has designed and created this aerosol evacuation system for everyones safety. Although we utilize high vacuum evacuators in the mouth during dental procedures some potentially infectious aerosol does escape, which will now be caught by this new device. It works with vacuum, filtration and UV lighting which creates ozone to kill germs or virus.
- After your treatment has been completed you will make your next appointment while still in your treatment room. You will then be asked to replace your facial covering and return to the front desk for check out procedures, the clinical staff will no longer escort you to the front desk.
- After your business is completed at the front desk you will be escorted out a second door and you may leave with minimal contact between you and other staff or patients within the office.
We are so grateful for your patience during our office closure and value your loyalty to our practice. We have all missed you and are looking forward to seeing your again. We plan to reopen our office on June 1st for selected dental treatment. We are thankful for your respectful cooperation and support during this transition.
Respectfully, Dr. Rich Masek
Why Dental Expressions? A beautiful smile can make all the difference in your life. The Dental Expressions team brings skill and experience to enhance your quality of life, health, and self-image. We provide the most current, high quality, esthetic dentistry possible, tailored to your needs and values. For over 25 years, we have delivered care to our clients with the use of the CEREC
system. At Dental Expression, we offer an extensive range of services and products to partner with you in optimizing your overall dental health.
Dental Expressions is honored to welcome you to our mercury-free practice. Since 1986, we have provided alternate porcelain and resin restorations, replacing the use of amalgam. We feel these types of procedures are much more aesthetically pleasing and bio-compatible. For your convenience, we create most of our porcelain restorations on the premises using the CEREC system. CEREC has revolutionized the way we provide treatment for our clients, offering same day permanent porcelain inlays, onlays, crowns and veneers.